If you would like to know how to create a Booking Layer widget click here. Below, you will find an explanation for each widget type.
The Category widget helps you organize your products in the Booking Engine. For example:
- If you have several locations, you can have one category widget per location and add the products to each accordingly.
- If you have different packages depending on the season, you can have one category per season.
- If you have different booking modalities, you can have one category for each. E.g: packages with accommodation & activities, only accommodation, and only activities.
Tip: You can add a category (subcategory) inside a category for deeper categorization. E.g Category: Glamping France > Subcategory: Summer packages.
Selecting the Product widget allows you to link your inventory items directly to the main Booking Engine page or under any sub-category you have created.
3. Activities calendar
Select the Activities calendar widget if you would like to create a calendar view of the activities you offer.
1. You can add as many activities as you want to your calendar.
2. For a better overview, we suggest adding a different color to a different activity.
3. Check the configuration tab for more settings.
Now, your bookers can see all the classes in one calendar view. They can easily compare the sessions and choose the ones that match their schedule.
If you are interested in a certain class only, you can easily remove the other ones in the field above the calendar. You will get a better overview.
The Text widget is great when you want to provide additional information next to any other widget. It comes in the form of a text box. You can also add a title and subtitle.
- Use the text widget to add photos directly to your Booking Engine. Create a text widget and add a title. Upon saving, you will have an option to add an image. If you want to keep the image only, delete the title. Check the example below:
The Link widget allows you to add an external link. You can style it with a photo and a description but once your guests click on it, they will be redirected to the site that's linked to the widget.
The Label widget is similar to the Text widget and its main purpose is to organize your Booking Engine. The most distinctive feature of a label is that it comes without a border.
7. HTML / Embed
To embed a video, use the HTML / Embed widget and follow these steps:
1. Upload your video to a streaming website or open an existing video. We recommend vimeo.com (Youtube also works).
2. Once you have the video uploaded, click on Share > Embed and copy only the video URL (marked below):
3. Input the URL in to the following piece of code:
<iframe src="URL?title=0&portrait=0&byline=0&autoplay=1&loop=1" width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay;fullscreen" allowfullscreen></iframe>
An example will look like this:
<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/356951945?title=0&portrait=0&byline=0&autoplay=1&loop=1" width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay;fullscreen" allowfullscreen></iframe>
4. Once you have this, create an HTML/Embed widget in the Booking Engine and paste the code:
5. Videos look best when they are set as "50%" width:
Note: when given 100% width, the height of the widget is dependent on the height of the HTML content in it.