Guests groups allow you to configure different package base rates and activity prices according to a guest category you have previously defined (students, kids, etc). Guest Group is a Bookinglayer pro-feature. Please contact support if you would like to have it enabled in your account.
To create a guest group:
1. Access Settings > General Settings > Guest groups.
2. Click on "Add a Guest Group".
3. Label the guest group and enter the corresponding translations. Set an age range if it applies for the guest group (e.g kids 3-18). If age is not a determinant for the guest group, set 1 to 99. Finally, click Save.
*** If you would like for the age range to be visible during the booking process, add it to the title as well.
To apply guest group pricing:
Once you have your guest groups created, you can assign different prices to each item in their configuration:
1. Open the package's configuration.
2. Enable guest group rates.
3. Click on "add a rate" and configure pricing for each guest group you have defined.
How does it work?
After selecting the product, the booker will be able to select which guest group corresponds to each guest.
The price will be recalculated according to the configured pricing.
Guest group selection works at a package level in the Booking Engine. Single activities must be included within a package for the guest group selection drop-down to be displayed.
If your package contains activities also with guest group rates, the guest groups have to match.