How to set an expiration date for pending bookings
1. Click on the Settings module > General Settings > Pending bookings.
2. You can set 2 different expiration dates for the bookings made via:
- Frontoffice / Booking Engine
1. Backoffice Bookings
1. Tick the box Let pending bookings automatically expire.
2. Enter the number of days you want your bookings to expire after it's originally created.
When you should use the expiry function:
1. You receive a booking request over email or phone, and enter the booking as Pending in your Backoffice. The booking is for the 10th of October.
2. The expiration date is set as 10 days after booking.
3. Unless the booking status is set to Confirmed by you or the customer within the next 10 days, the booking will expire on the 20th of October.
4. On the 19th of October, your customer will receive an automatic email (24 hours before the expiration date), as a reminder to confirm their booking.
You can also choose not to let pending bookings automatically expire, in which case the customer will not receive an email and the booking will remain pending, even after the arrival date.
2. Frontoffice Bookings
Those are the bookings made by the guests via your website. By default the expiry time set to 30 min.
If you're working with Bank Transfer as a payment option, we recommend increasing the time to 7 days (10080 minutes) as it might take some time before the transaction is visible on your bank account.
Next, you have an option to decide if the booking should require immediate payment, for every product you sell via your Booking Engine or just for certain packages.
This setting is related to the Initial Booking Status, which is the setting configuration on every product inside your inventory.
Option 1: Require immediate payment only for certain packages.
The system will consider the Initial Booking Status set on a product level.
In the example above, the product has an Initial Booking Status set as confirmed, hence the booking will be confirmed straight away.
Option 2: Require immediate payment for all bookings.
The booking will come into your system as pending and the guests will be requested to pay the deposit straight away, even if the Initial Booking Status of a product or a package is set to confirmed.
Important: Initial Booking status REQUEST - Manual Confirmation overrules the General Settings > Pending bookings. Bookings with the REQUEST status always require manual confirmation.