If your business is seasonal and you want to vary your prices according to seasons, Bookinglayer has a "Season" function in the Settings tab that allows you to set as many seasons as you like throughout the year, which will then appear when setting up the pricing for your accommodation and activities.
Steps on how to set Seasons:
1. Click on Settings Module > General Settings > Seasons.
2. Click on Add a Season.
3. Write your season's label and click on Save season.
4. Once your season is created, click on the Add a period button.
5. Select the period you want for that season.
6. Click on Add period to season to save your changes.
Ensure that you cover all 365 days of the year if you decide to use the Seasons function. This is an example of how seasons should look once they have been set:
*** Note: It's important to set seasons far in advance. At least for as far in the future as you believe your bookings will be booked. The booker is not able to book a date when the season is not set because the system cannot calculate the price.
How to set different prices per season
After your seasons have been set
1. Go to the Inventory module
2. Create a new product or click on an existing one
3. Go to the Pricing tab in your product page
4. Select Seasonal pricing
5. Click on Add a rate and set the price per season
If season overlap is enabled seasons can share the same end and start date. For example, you can end the Low Season on April 30th and start the Mid Season on April 30th.
If someone books with a start day in low season which ends on the 30th, only low season rates will be applied. If someone books a date starting the 30th, Mid Season will be applied.